Thursday, April 19, 2018

Student Spotlight: Stella Sigambris

Career Goal: I would like to obtain a position in the trades or an apprenticeship where I would be able to expand my skills and be of value to a company.

Why did you join the program? I learned about the program after reading about it in a brochure. I found it very pertinent to my interest in joining the trades, and it is geared towards helping women to gain some basic training and expose them to do trades.

What was the hardest part of the class? As I expected, there is a manual work involved and skills that I never used before that I have learned from the program.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? To complete a project is the most satisfying part to see. I have learned about building materials, construction tools and how to properly work with them, and it's very gratifying.

What are your hopes for the future?To be able to obtain an apprenticeship or entry-level position in the trades, where I will be able to further learn and fine-tune my skills, and be more valuable to the company I am with.

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? I would highly recommend the program to anyone interest in the trades. It will give them an excellent introduction to the trades and allow them to have hands-on experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment