Thursday, April 19, 2018

Student Spotlight: Sinafea Lindsey

Career Goal: It's either going to be in the electrical or welding field. I'm leaning towards electrical right now because that's everywhere every day.

Why did you join the program? I wanted skills to take care of my home and to make a living. Child care was my biggest barrier in the past. WinC lifted that burden for me, and that made a huge impact on being focused.

What was the hardest part of the class? Nothing was hard. I enjoyed every part of training. Any challenges I might've encountered were just tests of my character - they were opportunities to grow where needed.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Anything that involved heavy lifting was my favorite. I enjoyed our demolition project because there was a lot opportunity for me to do that.

What are your hopes for the future? To simply pay the bills  and take care of the kids by making a good living wage in the industry.  

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? Join! But show up 100% percent with a solid goal in front of you. Keep your eyes on the goal with an open mind. And BRING A GOOD ATTITUDE no matter what. That makes a big difference in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment