Monday, April 17, 2017

Student Spotlight: DJ Eastland

Career Goal: To obtain employment that will allow me to be self-sufficient and earn a livable wage or salary, in a job that will enable me to continue learning and further educating me in my chosen career.

Why did you join the program? Because when I came to the orientation, it seemed to be exactly what I needed, especially at this time in my life. 

What was the hardest part of the class? Math, because there was so much to learn in a short period of time. I felt discouraged because I really wanted to rewrite my math story - and I still am going to rewrite my math story.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? This class got me out of isolation. It gave me a reason and purpose. The staff and my classmates were awesome!!!

What are your hopes for the future? I hope to be able to live again,  and to support myself in a career I enjoy. I hope to help and encourage others.

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? I would tell them that you learn a lot more than construction. I learned thinks like teamwork, accountability, and commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment