Monday, April 17, 2017

Student Spotlight: Miranda Pitts

Career Goal: To get accepted in the apprenticeship program for International Elevators Constructors.

Why did you join the program? To learn a new trade so I can provide a better life for my children and take a bigger step forward and say that I accomplished these classes and finished. 

What was the hardest part of the class? Math 101 but it definitely was easy the way our instructors taught us.  They were all there to support and guide us through everything.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Working with a team of women who have the same goals in finding a better career/life.

What are your hopes for the future? To have a secure career so I can buy a house and help build our future for my kids, myself, and our community.

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? Don't hesitate on joining! DO IT! You will not be disappointed! It really is a life-changing experience. The staff goes above and beyond in not only teaching you, but the empowerment it gives you is well worth it. And the child care was a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment