Friday, April 21, 2017

Student Spotlight: Shaakirah James


Career Goal: Being a business savvy, hardworking, confident, and humble businesswoman, and hopefully one day being able to give back to the world, ideally by building homes for the homeless and the future young adults.

Why did you join the program? I joined because it was a step into learning about carpentry and me being able to understand all aspects in having my own company in restoration/flipping houses. 

What was the hardest part of the class? Confronting myself, handling the heat with construction, learning to handle different personalities while keeping my cool.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Learning ME, seeing the finished product of my work and also as a team, and building my confidence and character.

What are your hopes for the future? Making myself and my family proud. Being able to support myself while affording travels, savings, and building myself to start my own business. 

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? If you're ready for a positive overhaul in your life, take the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment