Thursday, June 29, 2017

Student Spotlight: Shanon Dowdle

Career Goal: To enter a trade that I enjoy and that will allow me to be financially stable.

Why did you join the program? To gain more confidence in myself, give myself a more positive outlook on life, and also to cement a stable future for my family.

What was the hardest part of the class? Coming out of my shell and opening up to perfect strangers

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Getting my hands dirty on the job sites and having the feeling I've gained confidence in myself

What are your hopes for the future? To love what I do for a living and become financially stable. I hope to learn about the construction field and become a part of an industry that is constantly improving the lives of people and changing the world, one building, bridge or house at a time.

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? Whatever obstacle is in your way of joining this class can be worked out with the help of the wonderful people in this program. I came from out of state and left everything I've had behind. You can do anything you set your mind to. Jump in headfirst in whatever you do - you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment