Thursday, June 29, 2017

Student Spotlight: Shurparis Tilley

Career Goal: To be my own boss!

Why did you join the program? To receive more credentials and gain skills that I know I'm capable of doing, but haven't had a chance to prove.

What was the hardest part of the class? Nothing was hard about the class - it's life that tried to knock me down, but I still manage to get up and make it every day for my family.

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Everything about the program - the book work is helpful, the hands-on is awesome, and for people to trust a group of women to build their projects is just a great feeling.

What are your hopes for the future? I want to be my own boss one day, but until then, I would love to go into a field where I can use the knowledge and tools I've learned through the program. 

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? If you love dirt and boots, this is the program for you, LOL. But seriously, this is a great opportunity with major benefits - don't pass it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment