Friday, June 30, 2017

Student Spotlight: Wyanesta Coleman

Career Goal: To work as a pipe welder for Ingalls apprentice program.

Why did you join the program? I was tired of working for jobs that barely paid my bills, didn't cover my daycare, and didn't have affordable health care.

What was the hardest part of the class? Workouts in the morning with Simone. 

What has been your favorite part of the experience? Listening to employers talk about their jobs and why they need women, and passing my test.

What are your hopes for the future? That I get in the apprentice program at Ingalls, pay my car off, get land and a house, and take my kids on real vacations. 

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? If you're tired of being underpaid, have little or no experience, and cannot afford childcare, this is a program that is worth the sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment