Friday, June 30, 2017

Student Spotlight: Yasmin Lang

Career Goal: My career goal is to become proficient in the ins and outs of houses, from the ground up, as well as restoring older homes.

Why did you join the program? I joined the WinC program as a means to further my independence and build onto my own skills to become more self-sufficient.

What was the hardest part of the class? The hardest part of the class was opening up with my fellow classmates. 

What has been your favorite part of the experience? All onsite work, especially working on a storage roof installing vents was very fun. (You might have seen me on the news.)

What are your hopes for the future? To have a career I'm passionate about. To see more women and girls having an interest, and careers, in non-traditional jobs. To rebuild Biloxi homes impacted by Hurricane Katrina and bring back affected communities. 

What would you tell someone who is considering joining the program? Keep pushing and don't give up. Stay open-minded, be eager to learn, and ask questions. Do not make this harder than it has to be. Use all resources offered to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment